Information Resources Available at ESA Documentation Center
Ethiopian Standards Agency's Documentation Center
Each national standards body manages its own collection of standards and has access to the collections of other institutes. It places this collection at the disposal of the economic players and proposes a range of services. These may include:
- free information tools or services for identifying standards or for announcing new standards: catalogues, newsletters, Web servers, etc.;
- chargeable services for access to the normative texts in hardcopy form.
- notification or subscription services for regular information;
technical assistance, including to exporters.
- The range of information services provided by ESA covers most of the above mentioned functions.
ESA, as the national standards body of Ethiopia, has the responsibility of providing information service to industry, trade and the general public efficiently and effectively. The services given by the Documentation and Technical Information Group (DTIG in organizational structure) of ESA relate to the following.
- Sales of Ethiopian standards on print-on-demand basis;
- Documentation and answering all queries pertinent to standards information;
- Providing technical information services to visitors;
- Managing membership schemes.
The resources of ESA's documentation center is quiet unique in that it is the only documentation center in the country which has a comprehensive and vast (over 200,000 in number) collection of national, regional and international standards and other normative documents. In addition, latest catalogues of standards, books, magazines, and annual reports of standardization bodies are also available in a well-documented manner for easy access by users.
Some of the national and international standards that are available in our documentation center at the Head Office (Addis Ababa) are listed below.
- African Regional Standards (ARS)
- American National Standards Institute (ANSI)
- American Society for Testing & Materials (ASTM)
- Australian Standards (AS)
- Australian/New Zealand Joint Standards (AS/NZS)
- British Standards (BS)
- Chinese National Standards (CNS)
- CODEX Standards
- Cyprus Standards (CYS)
- Danish (Dansk) Standards (DS)
- Ethiopian Standards (ES)
- Finish Standards (SFS)
- French Standards (AFNOR)
- German Standards (Deutsche Norm, DIN)
- Ghana Standards (GS)
- Indian Standards (IS)
- International Organization of Legal Metrology (OIML)
- Israel Standards (SI)
- Japanese Industrial Standards (JIS)
- Kenya Standards (KS)
- Korean Industrial Standards (KS)
- Malaysian Standards (MS)
- National Standards of Canada (CAN)
- New Zealand Standards (NZS)
- Nigerian Industrial Standards (NIS)
- Norwegian (Norsk) Standards (NS)
- Official Methods of Analysis of AOAC International
- Pakistan Standards (PS)
- Philippine National Standards (PNS)
- Russian Federation Standards (GOST R)
- Saudi Arabian Standards (SSA)
- Singapore Standards (SS)
- South African National Standards (SANS)
- Sri Lanka Standards (SLS)
- Standards of the International Dairy Federation (IDF)
- International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC)
- International Organization for Standardization (ISO)
- Swedish Standards Institute (SIS)
- Thai Industrial Standards (TIS)
- Zambian Standards (ZS)