Vision, Mission and Objectives
To be a leading Center of Excellence among Middle income Countries in Standardization by 2025.
To create favorable condition for technology transfer and significantly contribute to the country's socio-economic development by ensuring competitiveness of the manufacturers and service providers through internationally accepted standardization.training and technical support practices.
To develop Ethiopian Standards and establish a system that enable to check weather goods and services are in compliance with the required standards;
- To facilitate the country's technology transfer through the use of standards;
- To develop national standards for local products and services so as to make them competitive in the international
- Reflect the interest of the country in the field of standards by actively participating in relevant ISO Technical committees.
- Develop, implement and follow-up standardization strategy for the purpose of quality promotion activities which are in line with the country's developmental programs;
- Develop, through stakeholders involvement, approve and publicize Ethiopian Standards;
- Recognize any standard published by a national, regional international or any other standardization body as Ethiopian standards, as may be relevant;
Establish national technical committees.